Grumble.

Instead of writing a blog post I spent the morning pouring through wordpress code looking for problems. Some of you may have come by the site and noticed, for a brief time, that it was re-branded as a twitter login page…or at least had many of those elements scattered about.

I’ll skip the technical discussion. I fixed the issue. I thought at first the site was showing the results of a failed hacking attempt, similar to the previous one. A few minutes work showed the problem coming from the part of the sidebar that shows my most recent tweets, so I disabled that, and then started plowing through the rest of the code. Half an hour of that showed no problems, so I started searching google…and found that Twitter was having some problems on it’s end. So that plugin is gone from the site, and now I need to re-code the site to stop widget CSS from taking over again the next time…oh…I said no technical discussion. Sorry. It broke and I fixed it, yay.

But that killed today’s window for quietly thinking about writing for the day. And now I have to pack and prep for class tonight. Harrumph. Back to business as usual tomorrow…

One Comment

  1. Yeah, I’m trying to run my sites with as few plugins as possible now. The more I have the more they break.

Leave a Reply