The COVID-19 outbreak is continuing to affect our city, and the provincial health authority has stepped up its public health measures. As swimming pools, fitness centres, and other group facilities temporarily close across Vancouver, it’s time for us to follow suit.
All in-person classes are cancelled from March 17th until March 29th (for the next two weeks).
In their place, we will be running remote lessons via the Zoom video conferencing app. You’ll be able to train with us from the comfort of your own home, at the same times that we usually run classes. There may even be a few extra sessions added to the calendar!
Here’s how to join in:
- look for the “Remote Class!” option in our class calendar
- register for the class by logging in and clicking the “Reserve” button
- if you have an unlimited class membership, you will be able to use that to reserve your spot
- if you don’t, you’ll be prompted to select one of the “Drop-In” membership options at the following sliding scale prices:
- Free ($0)
- Accessible ($10 + GST)
- Standard ($15 + GST)
- Generous ($20 + GST)
- before class begins, you will receive an automatic email with a link and instructions on how to join the Zoom session
All remote classes are designed to be as accessible as possible. The workouts will require no equipment beyond what you already have in your house.
For weapon work, you’ll want a sword-like object. This can be any training weapon, a dowel, a longish ruler, or even a wooden spoon or other kitchen utensil. We’ll help you figure out how to make the most of what you have available for fun and effective solo training.
If you’d like to stop by the school this week in order to retrieve any of your personal gear, we will have staff on site at the following times:
- Monday, March 16th, 7pm – 9pm
- Tuesday, March 17th, 2pm – 9pm
- Friday, March 20th, 5:30pm – 7pm
f you have any questions about remote classes; are concerned about the state of your membership or finances during the shutdown; or would like to arrange for long-distance private lessons via Zoom, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
We wish you and yours all the best in this strange and difficult time.