Our next major event is almost here! Read on to find out all you need to know about Big Gay Sword Day:
Date: November 3rd, 2018, 10am – 5:30pm
Price: sliding scale with three options. Pay what makes sense to you:
- Accessible rate: $40 + GST
- Standard rate: $60 + GST
- Generous rate: $80 + GST
Who’s teaching? BGSD is a showcase of up-and-coming LGBT instructors in the Pacific Northwest. We’ll be featuring workshops from the following awesome folks:
- Claire Wemyss is an educator, coach, brightly coloured good-time enthusiast, and an instructor with Vancouver Strength Collective. She brings her background in dance, yoga, and martial arts movement practices, as well as her drive for rich and meaningful learning, to creating spaces where people can build strong relationships with their selves, practice, and community.
- Jon Mills is a weightlifting coach, historical martial artist, Quigong instructor, and self defense instructor. He runs Black Dog Strength and Nutrition and is a director of Vancouver Strength Collective, a community centred multi disciplinary fitness studio in Vancouver’s Downtown East Side.
- Beth Hammer has been practicing a variety of martial arts for the last 4 years including escrima, Fiore longsword and dagger, wrestling, and boxing. She has been on the team of Fiore coaches at Lonin for the last 2 years and is one of the founding organizers of Swordsquatch.
- Kaja Sadowski is a coach and co-owner at Valkyrie Western Martial Arts Assembly. She has been teaching physical skills for over 15 years, and has been a martial artist since 2010. Her current specialties include rapier fencing, unarmed striking and grappling, self defense, and stress testing and adrenaline management.
Who’s invited? you are! BGSD is open to students of all backgrounds, experience levels, and identities. Everyone is welcome, and there are no pre-requisites for any of our workshops.
How do I sign up? Register now by clicking the button below! If you’d like to attend, but the event is out of your budget right now, there are sponsored spaces available. Contact us today to get your foot in the door, regardless of ability to pay.
The full event schedule is now available!
We’d also like to thank our fantastic sponsors, Team Mimosa, and Rogue Fencing.