It’s time for our annual instructor switch-up, where we shuffle our teaching pairs to give coaches a chance to teach with new partners, and students a chance to work with someone new without having to change their schedules.
Here’s who’s teaching when:
- Knife Happy Hour: Justin Ring
- Monday Lab: Justin Ring & Courtney Rice
- POW! Sparring & Conditioning: Justin Ring
- Tuesday Lab: Courtney Rice & Kaja Sadowski
- Wednesday Lab: Jordan Both & Randy Packer
- Historical Swordplay: Randy Packer & Phil Van Humbeck
- Longsword: Courtney Rice & Phil Van Humbeck
- Saturday Lab: Phil Van Humbeck & Jordan Both
You might also notice some schedule changes for our ongoing martial arts classes, and even a new addition. Here’s what’s new:
Knife Happy Hour
Mondays, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Our new one-hour, all-knife-fighting-all-the-time class on Monday nights. It offers a mix of skill-building and sparring, and is open to students of all experience levels.
POW! Sparring & Conditioning
Tuesdays, 5:30pm – 7:00pm
Nothing’s changed here but the day of the week. Everyone’s favourite sparring and conditioning class is moving from Friday to Tuesday evenings, and retaining its kick-ass pacing and format.
Thursdays, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
We’re down to one night a week for this class due to changes in Randy’s work schedule, which means we’re packing twice the awesome into one class. Randy’s getting a teaching partner and shifting to a more collaborative format that will foster independent research.
Fridays, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
We’ve extended longsword class by 30 minutes to leave more room to focus on wrestling. Join us for our usual fun swordplay training, plus a whole bunch of grappling — both unarmed and with the sword in hand.